Clarification of maintenance of EC-CS in the context of SAP ERP 6.0 (formerly mySAP ERP 2005)
Reason and Prerequisites
Consolidation, SAP ERP 6.0, EC-CS
You have installed EC-CS on release SAP ERP 6.0.
The SAP consolidation solution EC-CS is an integral part of SAP ERP (Enterprise Ressource Planning). It is continued to be maintained on release SAP ERP 6.0 in the frame of the general SAP ERP maintenance strategy.
Recent extensions in EC-CS for improved system support of legal requirements cover the following topics:
- Business Combinations, basic scope (note 1249778)
- Separation of goodwill from investment (note 1290470)
- Merger activities (note 1368421)
- Validation of cumulative investment share percentages (note 1392076)
- Assets held for sale and discontinued operations (note 1470938)
- Business Combinations, extended scope (note 1479191)
- Organizational changes with acquisitions using either direct shares or group shares (note 1543705)
- Adjustment of other comprehensive income in step acquisitions (note 1626022)
Mainstream maintenance for SAP ERP 6.0 is provided until end of 2020. Support beyond this date will be determined in conjunction with any proposed changes to support for the SAP Business Suite (SAP ERP). (There is no decision yet on availability, timeframe and conditions of extended maintenance after 2020. See also note 1648480 for reference.)
Additional information about maintenance of SAP ERP is available on Service Marketplace at: www.service.sap.com/maintenance. For more detailed information contact your Account Team.
|Release Status:||Released for Customer|
|Released on:||22.11.2011 10:48:52|
|Primary Component:||EC-CS Legal Consolidation|